ear Mr Nath
Let me first speak a little about ISIS. Let me make it clear that I hate every kind of violence irrespective of who the victims or the culprits are, wherever the place of occurrence, whatever the motivating ideologies and whatever the method adopted, and my condemnation is directly proportional to the magnitude of violence each category belongs to. If we study the violence in last 30-35 years, this is the list of causes according to the magnitude of deaths it caused:
- Abortions caused by scalps: more than 1 billion
- Murders due to inadequate law.: more than 60 million (West is most prone and Arab countries least)
- Wars by America and its allies: more than 2. 5 million (most victims Muslims)
- Civil wars supported by West 2-3 lakhs (0.2 m)
- Terrorism by LTTE (Tamils) around 1.5 lakhs (0.15 m)
- Terrorism by Hindus in India (including Naxalites, Maoists and Ulfa): 400000
- Riots in India : 15000 (70 pc Muslims)
- Terrorism by al-Qaedah : 70000
- Terrorism by Muslim outfits in India: 1500
(These are only rough estimates.)
I condemn each one in the same numbers as they have killed.
But the media lets us know only about certain categories of violence, which suit their interests. Indian media talks much less about riots than about terrorism and much less about non-Muslim terrorism than Muslim terrorism. I have seen one Indian TV after another presenting horror reports about ISIS but I have yet to see a report on Naxalite terrorism. In India, everybody knows about Kasab, Memon and Guru but hardly anyone knows the names of the killers of Rajiv Gandhi and the Naxalite and Mao leaders. This is despite the fact that ISIS has little to do with India, despite media speculations about its plans.
ISIS is purely a Western creation, which was supplied heavy weaponry and billions of dollars to topple Assad regime of Syria, which was the only anti-Israel regime in the Arab world. When it failed, it was initially used to remove Maliki of Iraq who was coming closer to Iran. Then it became out of control and occupied a large area in Syria and Iraq. Even now, ISIS is only a friendly enemy of America, being its friend in Syria and enemy in Iraq.
And of course nobody is interested in fighting the violence caused by scalpels and anti-abortion drugs or deaths caused by alcohol or smoking or that caused by AIDS. This is where I say that the fight today is between religion and irreligion and not between different religions. It is the anti-God ideologies spread by West and Communists that have caused biggest havoc in the last century, both in terms of violence as well as chaos in the society. If there appears to be confrontation between religions, it is not difficult to find out that the roots lie in politics of communalism and not in religions.
I say that
I wrote a
Did you hear anyone lynching me? Muslim scholars may argue if I am right or not in thinking that Ram was Abraham (especially because there is no final proof available) but they are unanimous in their Islamic view that God’s messengers came to all parts of the world including India, and many think that Ram, Krishna and others might well be among them though none can be sure, as their Indian names are not mentioned in Quran. But the principle remains. Muhammad was the Last not the first messenger of Islam, and Islam is the Arabic word for the religion of God sent to mankind through messengers.
Now about the “Appeasement” issue. There cannot be a bigger travesty of truth and justice than the allegation that Muslims have been and are being appeased by the governments, and that too at the cost of the majority community. There are certain parties that have earned notorious reputation of being anti-Muslim; but the truth is that no political party has cared about the masses in general and Muslim community in particular. All political parties without exception are guilty of criminal ignorance of the needs of the people including Muslims. The so-called Secular parties have only used Muslims as vote banks, making big promises but taking only some cosmetic steps to keep them glued. The anti-Muslim organisations and parties have labelled even these minor cosmetic changes as “appeasement”, which helps in consolidation of their own vote bank in Hindus.
- Nowhere in state institutions including Parliament, Assemblies and local bodies (much less representation than their population)
- Hardly a few pc in administration and executive
one way or
- They are killed much more in riots than Hindus in a proportion of 2: 1
- They are discriminated in justice, as they can hardly afford to take advantage of costly legal system, and police is heavily tilted against them. If sentenced to death, in recent years, they have become he only ones to be actually executed. Almost all the Hindus have succeeded in avoiding the gallows.
- Day and night, Muslims are asked to prove their loyalty to the nations. Please read my article, “Are you Hindu first or Indian first?”
are in no
I still believe and will continue to believe that Islam and Hinduism will have to work together not only to make the country peaceful and prosperous but to thwart the march of Westernism based on negation of God, negation of religious morality and commercialisation of every human instinct and use of power for hegemony.
Islam being the Final Version of God’s religion will continue to attract people all over the world, whether anybody likes it or not.
Dr. Javed Jamil